Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm scared to death right now.

I woke up this morning around 2:30 to find Dozer laying on the floor. Not normal. I reached down to pet him and his feet and face were cold. He was also breathing heavy, but slow. I woke up my husband and we checked his color. He was pale. I tried to offer him a cookie, but he wasn't interested. Dozer has never refused food in all the years he's been with us. He was also lethargic. We got him to get up to take a drink, but afterwards he collapsed on the floor next to the bowl and wouldn't get back up. My husband is with him now at the Emergency Clinic. They are doing bloodwork, x-rays and starting an IV. The vet is thinking the cancer may have spread to his spleen. I'm heartbroken right now. I want to be there with him, but we didn't want to make the kids get up and go out in the cold. I hate this. I'm so scared that he's not going to be with us much longer and I don't want to imagine life without him. I can't...

Please Dozer, get better. I love you, so much! You are and always will be the best dog I've ever known.

No comments: