Friday, January 9, 2009

Bad news...

Well, there's a mass on his spleen and his spleen is bleeding. The prognosis is bad, obviously. About a 1 month or two for a dog that isn't already battling cancer. For Dozer, much less. The vet said he could do surgery to remove the spleen, but he could die during sugery. We're going to wait and bring him home and call our vet in a couple hours when they open. I really don't know what to do...

I just want to see him and hug him and tell him how much I love him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear. Should not happen to any pup. My GSD baby's spleen ruptured in Aug 08 due to HSA. She's been on chemo and it's had it's toll. I think at very tops she has a month or two. Here are some links to canine cancer groups to help.
The people on both are going through the same thing. They are VERY understanding. I pray for a cure.

CanineCancer

More HSA specific
TheSumnerFoundation


Rick...
for my baby GSD Tier.

Jen O said...

Thank you Rick.