Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Week 5 - Neoplasene treatment

Still no improvement. Plus, the last week he's been in constant pain and therefore quite miserable. He's taking pain meds every 8 hours. :(

We're going to give the Neoplasene one more good try, but if we don't see any improvement then we're going to start exploring conventional treatments. I just don't think he can live with the pain much longer. There's no quality in that. But we're not giving up...we'll fight for him always!

I don't think we want to inject it again though. It was so painful for him, didn't help, and I think it's somewhat responsible for the pain. He wasn't in this much pain prior to the injection, but since he hasn't had a good day, pain wise. I understand it may be a coincidence, but I would need some convincing before I would try it again...

2 comments:

Denice said...

So sorry to hear Dozer is in pain and not getting better. Are you doing the salve continuously with him? You may wish to post something to: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/theblacksalvecanceropenforum/

It is a very active group that I read daily and they may have some insight.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Denice and Addie

Jen O said...

Thanks, I will definitely check that out. We haven't tried the salve yet. Just the oral and the injection. I want to try the topical, though. I'm going to ask for it. I'm also going to get a second opinion. We haven't given up hope though!

By the way glad to see that Addie is doing to well. It's really great and I'm so happy for you!