Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week 6 - Neoplasene treatment

Well, Dozer's vet would like to inject the Neoplasene again and I'm just not sure that's something I want to do. I feel like I'm a crossroads and for the first time I'm not sure what direction I want to go in. But I do know that I have to decide quickly b/c he can't live in pain like this much longer. It's just not fair to him. He used to be such a happy guy and now he's pretty much grumpy all of the time. Sometimes he doesn't even want to get out of bed. He's just not himself. Plus, the cancer is definitely getting bigger. It's clearly visible. Also, one other thing I've noticed recently is that he's getting skin tags all over his body. I'm not concerned about them, but I just think it's rather odd.

Last night while on his walk I jogged with him a bit and the whole time he ran on three legs. For the first time I'm giving amputation serious consideration. I may make some calls today for a surgical consultation...

No comments: