Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Canine Cancer Database

This blog is dedicated to my dog Dozer. Dozer was just diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma two weeks ago. From the moment he was diagnosed I began researching this type of cancer as well as varying treatment options. I just couldn't find what I was looking for. I wanted to find a site that detailed individual experiences such as my dog has (blank) type of cancer and we opted to treat with (blank) and so on. So, that's what I want to start here. I'm going to detail Dozer's treatment so that I can share our story with others. I would hope that others will comment me with their own stories and I will eventually create a website detailing all of our individual stories.

4 comments:

Denice said...

Thanks for putting up the blog. I came across it in my research as my Rottie mix - Addie was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma earlier this month. We decided against chemo as well, and are going the holistic route. They only gave her 6-10 weeks, so we are opting (for now) to go with the neoplasene. If you are interested in our progress, you can check out Addie's blog (which you inspired):

http://addieandhemangiosarcoma.blogspot.com/

I'll check back regularly on yours for Dozer's progress and wish you both the best!

Denice and Addie

Jen O said...

I wish Addie much luck. Where is the cancer located? Thanks for the link...I will definitely be checking out your blog regularly and keeping Addie in my thoughts.

I'm also glad to hear that this blog has inspired you. Hopefully, our dogs can help others!

Thanks again!

Denice said...

Jen,

Read your post today regarding the other lump. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. What ups and downs. We are hoping for the best for you and that it is nothing.

As to Addie's cancer - she had a tumor on her spleen that ruptored. So far, no external growths, but they said since it ruptored, and hemangio is in the blood, it could go to the lungs or liver most likely. So we can't really "see it", we just have to go by how she is acting. So far so good....

We will be checking back on Dozer's progress.

Denice and Addie

Jen O said...

Denise and Addie,

Thanks for the well wishes. We really appreciate it.